When you visit this Website, we may collect the following types of information: personally identifiable information you knowingly provide, information we collect automatically, and non-personally identifiable information you knowingly provide.
If we collect such information, we may use it for a number of purposes, including:
- To establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and to provide you with products and services. Account information may be retained by us to enable our website to identify you, to allow you to set up and access your account (if applicable) and to change your account information and/or services. This information is used only for these purposes and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent or we are required to disclose same pursuant to a court order or other legal process.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We may maintain a record of the services you receive from us (if applicable), and we may ask you for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To provide you with information you have requested, and to keep you informed with respect to ongoing changes to our website. Your email address may be used to send you any newsletters and mailings if you have requested us to do so. You can withdraw your consent for such mailings at any time by contacting us as set out in such communications.
- To develop, enhance or provide new services. We may from time to time conduct surveys and research, requesting input from our visitors to help us improve our website, products and services in an effort to serve you better. Your participation in such surveys is voluntary, and in some cases you may have the option to participate anonymously. However, your name, address, email and telephone number may be required to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits which are available to survey participants, in which case your contact information will only be used for notification and fulfillment purposes.
- To manage and administer our business. The nature of the Internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user’s traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all Web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify visitors by categories such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only used on an aggregate basis and will not contain any information that could identify you personally. Furthermore, if you lease a domain name through our website, we may obtain and maintain a record of your IP address, your personal contact details, the particulars of the transaction, and the time that the transaction occurred. This information will be used as part of the management and operations of our business.
- To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements (such as in response to a court order), and otherwise as permitted or required by law. We may also use this personal information to contact you regarding any such legal, regulatory, security, or processing requirements, and may be required to disclose this information pursuant to our Terms of Service.
If we intend to use personal information for purposes not identified to you or as set out above, these other purposes will be described to you at the time of collection or before using the information. We will not use your information or otherwise disclose it for any other purpose without your consent.
Users also should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers or through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small text files containing a unique identification number that identifies your browser – but not you – to our servers each time you visit our website. Cookies are not pervasive or invasive programs that enter a user’s system and damage files. They simply tell us which pages of our website are visited and by how many visitors. Cookies cannot, by themselves, disclose the individual identity of any site user, and we never combine information gathered by a cookie with personally identifiable information like your name, telephone number or email address, without your consent.
Third Parties’ Access to Information
We not in the business of selling visitor information to others. Our visitor information is not available for sale to any outside entity. We may contract with third parties to fulfill certain functions on our behalf, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, preparing and maintaining site content, and providing customer service. Furthermore, we may share your personal information with suppliers and vendors in order to fulfill your order. These agents may have access to personal information only as required in order to help them perform their functions on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose and must keep such information confidential.
Visitor and Website related information is a valuable business asset. If for any reason we transfer or divests ourselves of business assets, our visitor information will be transferred as one of those business assets.
Opt-in and Opt-Out Option
We may offer you the opportunity of opting in to receive email communications from us. Upon request, we will allow any user to “opt out” of further email and/or promotional contacts at any time. Also, upon a user’s request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his or her personal information from our database; however, it may be impossible to delete a user’s entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.
My Scents Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all information that you provide to us in the process of, placing an order, subscribing to our newsletter/coupons, registering as a member, emailing us, joining a contest, your purchases history, returns, exchanges information, and all other information provided to us directly or indirectly, may be collected by us. We also may collect the following information to provide a flexible shopping experience: your full name, including social login username if signed up through social login features, email address, contact number, billing/shipping information (both addresses if shipping destination different than billing address) credit card number, expiration date, and CCV number.. We also keep a history of products purchased, and all promotions used up to date. We may use your products purchased history to market other related products to you and other potential customers. If a gift is sent to your loved ones, the recipient’s full name provided by you and delivery address will also be collected and stored by us, and you represent and warrant that you have obtained such consent to provide same.
As a part of our international business initiative, we have opted to process your orders from various places in the world, including, but not limited to, Canada, United States, and a number of other countries, in order to make this an excellent shopping experience. Your order, therefore, may or may not be processed at a server at any one of these locations. When you place an order with us, you give us authorized consent to transfer, host or store your personal information in any jurisdiction where we conduct our business from.
Safety of your personal information
At MyScents.ca all of your personal information is protected by our Extended Validation Secure Socket Layer (EVSSL) which encrypts your personal information to protect your personal data such as credit card data, addresses, name, emails and contact numbers).
If you open an account on our Website you may have the choice of storing your credit card in your profile and we encrypt your credit card information. We only hold the last 4 digits to retrieve your full credit card details from the bank’s servers for a full payment of your order. Your full credit card details are held on the bank’s server not on our Website server. Our encryption services protect your credit card information even before you formally submit an online order. (SSL). No one can ever guarantee one-hundred percent security but we have made commercially reasonable efforts in safeguard and digitally encrypt your information in order to protect it, but this does not necessarily protect you from breaches of security that may occur with you on the Internet.
We are based in Canada but work with multiple different service providers outside of Canada to fulfill customer orders around the globe. Your information may be shared with such third party companies in order to fulfill orders successfully. Your information to complete the order will also be shared with third parties such as customs offices and transportation companies.
Social Login Privacy
If you use an available social media login to access your account on our website, you hereby consent to us accessing your personal information through your social media login in order to create an account with us on our Website. It is your responsibility to change your personal information from any potential alias associated with your social media account to your authentic identification details at the time of purchase. If you do use an alias, and you do not change your details to reflect your real name at the time of the order, your package may not be properly delivered or delivered at all. . We will need to retain a subset of your personal information to allow us and authorized third parties to communicate with you efficiently. The information provided by your social login will also be used to process your orders and provide a personal shopping experience. We may use your personal information such as your name and email from social media logins to complete your orders or for you to take advantage of special promotions and coupons.
We may receive more information other than your full name, and email from social login/sign up (such as, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn). We do not control what social media services use in terms of content and/or information that they may collect in relation to your use of application social media login to access our Website. We will however, not post any images or content on your social media account without your consent.
My Scents Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Last Updated; November 11, 2016